Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Trust in God's Deliverance

Trust in God’s Deliverance
From Psalm 56:12-13, 10-11
            When David fled from Saul’s wrath and found shelter among the Philistines, he compromised his integrity as a leader of Israel.  Pretending to be insane, he persuaded a nation of enemies to give him haven from a more immediate enemy.  He found himself between a rock and a hard place, and chose to play it safe.  But soon he remembered that he was under vows to God.  His duties to God and his people called him to obedience.
            Just He did with David, God wants to snap you back to reality, reminding you of your responsibilities to God and the people under your care.  Obedience to God requires trust, and trust is sometimes hard to come by.  Trust is difficult for us because we have short memories.  How quickly David forgot the might of the One who gave him victory over the Philistines, so now he sought shelter with them!  How quickly we forget God’s faithfulness to us. 
            As you go before God today, remember to present your thank offerings to Him.  Take time to reflect on His faithfulness to you, and be grateful for all He has done.  That gratitude will generate trust within you, and trust will work itself out to obedience.  Then, when you begin to live obediently, you will see the deliverance that God has for you, when you’re between a rock and a hard place.

A MEDITATION WITH ECUMENICAL PRAYER BEADS
(Click here to get your own)

Invitatory:         I am under vows to you, O God;
                        I will present my thank offerings to you.
Cruciform:        For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling,
                        that I may walk before God in the light of life.
Weeks:
     Inhale:         In God, whose word I praise,
                        in the LORD, whose word I praise-
     Exhale:        in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
                        What can man do to me?
Invitatory:         I am under vows to you, O God;
                        I will present my thank offerings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a respectful comment.